Safety & CleanUp Tips for Biohazard & Vandalism Events
Biohazard and Vandalism
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Related Cleaning Services
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Please refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips- Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
"Actions involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property"
Properties can help prevent vandalism using the following methods:
1. Using good lighting in and around your property. This ensures that potential vandals are more visible and increases their chances of getting caught.
2. Use unbreakable fixtures or glass when possible. This reduces a person's opportunities to vandalize.
3. Lock any gates, garages and external doors around your property to prevent unauthorized access. Also lock up any equipment or tools that may be easy targets for vandals.
4. Clean up any signs of vandalism as soon as they appear. This may involve repairing broken or damaged signs or equipment.
5. Keep Landscaping trimmed so that no hiding or obscured areas are created. Bushes and trees can enhance your property's curb appeal, but they can also create a haven for criminals dodging passing vehicles or police. Well-trimmed landscaping that is designed to work you lighting will make your property less attractive to offenders
6. If you see someone committing an act of vandalism, report it to the police.