Signs That You Need a Mold Remediation Professional
As a South Florida homeowner, it can be tough to avoid mold growth in and around your home. From consistent rains year-round to a general moisture in the air at all times, Florida is a prime location for mold to grow and thrive. As a result, mold often grows in places like kitchens, bathrooms, and even inside of garages. While it can be a headache if left untreated, catching mold early on and contacting the right mold remediation professional is the key.
To avoid any major or costly damage, keep an eye out for the following signs that you may need a mold remediation professional in your home:
- You begin to smell musty or strange odors coming from areas susceptible to moisture
- Your home’s humidity is above 60 percent
- Ventilation has become an issue in your home
- You notice water spots or even standing water on your surfaces
- Leaking pipes have been detected
- You or your family members begin to experience worse than usual allergies
- You spot mold spores or even discolorations on your surfaces
The above are the most commonly seen signals that you may be experiencing mold growth in your home. Remember, the earlier that you are able to catch the issue, the quicker and easier the restoration will be. Far too often homeowners attempt to use bleach to remove mold, but bleach does not kill mold spores and thus should not be used. If you believe you have seen any of the mold signs we discussed, contact our SERVPRO mold remediation professionals today to learn more!