Extinguisher Types For Hollywood Beach, Golden Beach, and Aventura
All of us at SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura hope your business stays safe from fire. If the worst happens, we are experts in cleaning fire damage and smoke damage.
Just to be safe, SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura recommends you keep, maintain, and know how to use fire extinguishers.
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the office.
If you see a small fire that you can take care of yourself, use the following tips. If you have any worries, you and everyone else should leave the house and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You have the right class of fire extinguisher
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura explains Types of Commercial Fire Extinguishers:
(art from U.S. Fire Administration)
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C
- Class D is for metals that can burst into flame. Class D fire extinguishers are usually needed only in some factories
- Class K is for vegetable and animal oils and fats that are in cooking appliances. Commercial kitchens (restaurants, cafeterias, catering businesses) often use them