Keeping Your Business Protected in Storms
While we just welcomed the spring season, South Florida residents know that the rains are about to come. From the spring to the summer months, our region of the state is often deals with afternoon showers on a daily basis. Protecting your commercial property form severe storms is critical for business owners of all kinds. Last year, Hurricane Irma was a reminder of just how serious Florida storms can be. When a big storm is approaching, the best strategy for business owners is to be proactive it preparedness in order to protect your employees, your property, and your business as a whole.
Minimizing damage is essential for your business in the event of a major rainstorm. Things like high winds and heavy rain can do a lot more damage than many would think. As such, it is important to take careful note of the following tips for keeping your business protected in storms:
- Remain watchful of storm forecasts to give yourself plenty of time to prepare
- Make sure that your employees all have specific action plans in place
- Keep your staff contact list updated and readily available
- Check your utilities to make sure that your lines are not connected
- Ensure that your landscaping is trimmed and prepared for storm winds
- Unclog your gutters
- Double check your fire protection equipment
- Remove any potential debris from the commercial property
- Give your staff ample time to leave and prepare their own homes
With heavy rains and high winds, it is important to prepare sooner rather than later. Commercial water damage can be stressful, but SERVPRO is here to make sure that you can go back to business as usual as soon as possible following a large storm. Our team of commercial property damage professionals will take care of your property like it’s our own! Call us today to learn more!