Your Belongings and Water Damage
BEWARE OF FLOOD WATER!
Florida is a beautiful state; but If you’ve lived or done business in Hollywood, FL for any length of time, you’ve likely run into issues related to flooding because let’s face it, our city is flood prone. Many who have just moved here or are visiting may not be aware of our tendency to take on water; so they more than anyone will need to be given proper safety information. Here are some tips to help locals as well as newcomers cope with the flooding that is a part of coastal Florida living:
- Go to the highest safe point in your home and stay until first responders arrive
- Unplug all electrical appliances (TV’s, blenders, stereos, etc.)
- Stay out of flood waters as they may contain contaminants or hidden electrical wires
- Check batteries in radios and flashlights
- Keep nonperishable foods available
- Try to call friends and neighbors to let them know you’re okay
Remember that, after the storm, SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is here to clean up the mess.
When you need help with removing the water, restoring your home, and preventing mold from damaging your home or office, remember that SERVPRO of Hollywood / Hallandale / Aventura is able to address all the unnecessary chaos.
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (954) 921-8992
SERVPRO of Hollywood / Hallandale / Aventura specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Hollywood / Hallandale / Aventura can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Hollywood / Hallandale / Aventura can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most