Commercial Flood Insurance in Hallandale
Do you have flood insurance for your Hallandale properties?
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Hallandale. Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
- All agencies in Hallandale charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 1-800-427-4661
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating System. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding in your office.
Be Prepared For Disaster In Hollywood Lakes
Fire damage, water damage, storm damage, and mold damage can wreak havoc on your family.
When disaster strikes…
For many, your home in Hollywood Lakes represents a lifetime of hard work and a place where roots are important. It is where family gathers, and where your most endearing and important memories are made. When a disaster strikes; whether it be fire, storm, mold, or other water damage/flooding, it will likely be one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. When these things happen and stress is high call us. Our professionalism and rapid response time, as well as our non-intrusive clean up and exit should do much to ease the burden you are bearing. We really do want to help you carry the load.
…we’ll be there to ease your burden.
Sharing a load to us means our work makes your situation more bearable. Twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week we are on call with equipment that is up-to-date, and people who are professional and efficient. Our goal is to keep you moving forward with as little worry as possible. Please contact us online or at 954-921-8992.
Together, We Restore Your Business Or Home
Always be prepared.
Together we get it done.
Life is full of mishaps and otherwise unwanted stress creators such as storms. Did you know that wind can reach speeds of up to 60 mph in severe cases? This kind of wind in your Golden Beach home or business can cause several different kinds of damage, as well as leave areas of the structure vulnerable to rain and other water crisis such as broken pipes. We can work together to lower chances for incurring injury and/or cost due to storm damage.
Preparedness is a necessary tool in your efforts to protect your property in Golden Beach.
It’s your business or house; so not only do you have a vested interest in lowering risks to your company and family; but that same preparedness creates a more stress free environment.
Be prepared for the worst when times are the best. Don’t wait until the wind is moving at speeds of forty mph outside before you start making calls and buying batteries. Do these things early on when there are no clouds in the sky.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura promises to answer when you call. We promise that the person fielding your call will understand not only the proper responses to your cleanup and restoration questions; but they will understand your vulnerable and stressful position as the owner/insurance adjuster. We will use that understanding to make you as comfortable with what’s happening as possible. We will send the correct people, and the proper equipment to meet whatever needs have been created by the unfortunate event(s).
Prevent Mold Growth In Your Hollywood Business
Many times, mold can be avoided by following these tips.
Preventing Mold Growth.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is licensed in mold remediation. We hope you never have a mold problem.
Mold starts growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
To prevent mold from getting a start in your office building, SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura suggests:
- Elevate equipment above floor when possible
- Repair leaky pipes
- Remove any damp areas near sinks and tubs
- Maintain humidity below 40%
- Use water-resistant materials when you build or rebuild. Materials include:
- galvanized or stainless-steel hardware
- waterproof wallboard
- sealed stone
- sealed concrete
- water-resistant glues
- synthetic fibers
- Use gutters to divert rain water
- Landscape, so water moves away from the house
- Cover dirt in crawl spaces. Moisture can seep up through dirt
- Ventilate as much as possible
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” of mold as 10 square feet or more. The EPA rules that only licensed professionals can remediate large areas.
You cannot prevent storms or floods. However, if a storm or flood affects you, we can help you clean up the damage.
Tips to Keep Your Golden Beach Employees Safe During a Storm
Safety first! Always be prepared before disaster strikes.
Floods in Golden Beach:
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S. Flooding can happen near major bodies of water, but also inland.
Floods can develop slowly or quickly. Floods that come with no warning are known as flash floods.
- Come from rain, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and storm surges
- Overflows of dams or other water systems
- Can cause power or water outages
- Damage buildings
- Create landslides
- Make roads impassable
- Sweep away people, animals, or cars
If you are in a flood in Golden Beach:
- If you have a warning, get to a safe place
- Don’t drive around barricades
- Don’t walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura likes the warning, “Turn around! Don’t Drown!”
- 6 inches of moving water can knock a person down. 12 inches of moving water can sweep a car away
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water. The water can wash bridges away
- If your car is trapped in quickly-moving water, stay inside. If the water rises inside the vehicle, climb onto the roof
- If you are trapped in a building, go to the highest level. Do NOT climb into a closed attic. Floodwater can trap you. Go to the roof only if there is no other escape
Why You Should Use SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura
Our history answers the question "Why SERVPRO?".
SERVPRO opened in 1967 in Sacramento, California. Ted Isaacson, the owner, sold his first Franchise in 1969. SERVPRO headquarters moved to Gallatin, Tennessee in 1988. Now it has over 1700 Franchises in the United States and Canada.
What does SERVPRO do?
- residential & commercial cleanup of:
- water/ flood damage
- fire damage
- storm damage
- mold remediation
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura performs these specialties, including:
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Commercial Cleaning
SERVPRO works directly with most insurance companies, and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura? Each franchise is an individually owned and operated company. People who work for SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura live in the area. Additionally, it has advanced expertise in water restoration along with specialized equipment in water removal and in advanced drying equipment.
Technicians at SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura have extra training and certification in water restoration. The technicians document every step. You will know exactly what SERVPRO did, and how the process worked.
Use Caution When Flood Waters Rise In Royal Poinciana
Don't underestimate the power of flood water.
Standing Water in Royal Poinciana:
A flood doesn’t end once the storm stops. We still have to deal with all that standing water. The flood water can take up to 11 days to disappear. It’s not time to go fishing.
If you have to evacuate your office, do not go back until you have been told it is safe.
Be careful driving in Royal Poinciana. Remember to “Go around. Don’t Drown!” The water may still be too deep for safe travel.
Floods are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the storm water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Flood waters vs. Animals in Royal Poinciana
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
Standing Water Can Be a Source of Diseases in Aventura
Beware of thinking flood water is safe.
Staying Healthy Around Standing Water in Aventura
Any standing water in Aventura can be a powerful source of diseases. Even a small puddle can pose a risk. Floods are worse because there is so much more water.
Sewage, dead animals, and rotted plants can be in flood water. If the flood water is indoors, there might be rotted food.
Viruses and bacteria can cause diarrhea or vomiting. There are many different illnesses that can do that, and they are all exceedingly unpleasant. To reduce your chances of catching something, SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura says:
- Wash your hands after contact with the flood waters
- Wash dirty clothes and towels in hot water. Use bleach if possible
- Use bleach or another disinfectant on hard surfaces
- Remember that you can shake hands with an infected person and get infected. That means you need to wash your hands before you eat
- Do not allow children to play in the flood water
- Wash children’s hands before meals
- Disinfect toys before letting children play with them
Cuts and rashes can become infected. Protect yourself and others in Aventura:
- Avoid flood waters if you have an open rash or a cut
- Clean cuts or rashes. Cover them with a waterproof bandage
- Clean cuts with soap and clean water
- If a cut becomes red, swollen, or is oozing, get medical attention
Fire Prevention in Hollywood Florida
Arson's cause unnecessary fires each year.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura wants you to be aware of the causes of fire damage and fire injuries so that you can help prevent them.
Common Causes of Fires:
- Arson & intentional fires. An “intentional fire” is one that is not set to cause harm, but it gets out of control. Arson is a fire that is set to cause harm. Most of the time, arson and intentional fires are set outside. Deaths, injuries, and fire damage usually happen indoors
- Cooking. Kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fire injuries and home fire damage
- Electrical. Use all electrical equipment according to the directions
- Heating. Heating equipment is the second most common cause of deaths in home fires
December, January, and February are the months that have the most home heating fires
- Smoking. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and other smoking materials are the biggest cause of fire deaths in the U.S. Think of preventing tragedy when explaining why to quit smoking
- Children. Children should never be left alone with matches, lighters, candles, or other dangerous materials. Children playing with fire cause hundreds of deaths and injuries every year
Please pay attention to fire safety. While we can help to restore your home or office, prevention and family safety should always come first. Share this blog with a friend who might want to learn more about fire prevention. Remember, it's easier to prepare to avoid disaster in Hollywood, than it is to repair the damage from negligence.
OSHA Guidelines For Fire Extinguishers
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura knows that the proper use of fire extinguishers can prevent fire from destroying lives.
Owning a fire extinguisher is not enough. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requires that employers train their employees how and when to use fire extinguishers. They must provide the training shortly after the employee is hired, and then every year thereafter.
OSHA does not allow untrained employees to use a fire extinguisher.
OSHA also requires monthly inspections of the fire extinguishers.
Fire extinguishers have to be placed where they cannot be moved or damaged..
The carrying handle should be 3-1/2 to 5 feet above the floor.
Employees must know when to use fire extinguishers.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura suggests asking yourself these questions regarding fire extinguishers.
- Have I pulled the fire alarm?
- Is the fire extinguisher easy to reach?
- Do I know how to use it?
- Is the fire contained in a small area?
- Is the smoke non-toxic?
- Can everyone get out?
- Do I have an escape route?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the questions, it is reasonable to use the fire extinguisher.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura reminds you that fire is fast. If you cannot contain it within 30 seconds, get everyone out of the area. Call 9-1-1 once you are outside.