When the Waters Recede in Hollywood Lakes
SERVPRO is prepared to make your storm damage “Like it never even happened” in Hollywood Lakes.
Have you ever heard the saying, “what you don’t know can’t hurt you”? Sometimes what you don’t know can hurt you in Hollywood Lakes. Too often, after a storm has damaged our property, what we see initially doesn’t tell the whole story. From hidden foundation compromises to the beginning stages of mold growth under a tub, costs can mount quickly and before you know it, you’re in the middle of a spending spree that isn’t recreational. When the waters go down and the damage becomes visible, we often become overwhelmed with the stresses associated with insurance claims and subcontractor costs and errors. It doesn’t take a psychic to see that you need relief. If or when this happens to you, call SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura. In a short amount of time, a friendly crew of professional cleanup and restoration personnel will quickly assess the damage and start the process of making your disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Help Protect your Property in Hollywood by Boarding Up After Disaster
Boarding up your property can help keep more damage from happening after a storm hits in Hollywood.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is aware of the horrific damage a storm or hurricane can leave in its wake. Boarding up before or after a storm hits in Hollywood will be beneficial to you and your property. Unfortunately, during a storm, it is common for windows and doors to break leaving your house or office building susceptible to unwanted guests such as dogs, raccoons, cats, etc. These animals will continue tearing up what is already destroyed along with urinating and defecating, leaving unwanted odors. Boarding up can also help to deter people who might want to take advantage of your disaster by stealing or vandalizing your structure.
Here are a few of the letters you will find on a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) map when facing storms:
- D = Tropical Depression (wind speed less than 30 MPH)
- S = Tropical Storm (wind speed between 39 MPH and 73 MPH)
- H = Hurricane (wind speed between 74 MPH and 110 MPH)
- M = Major Hurricane (wind speed greater than 100 MPH)
It’s better to be prepared next time winds of this magnitude strike our homes and offices. These tips will help you avoid disaster if possible, but in the event you experience wind damage to your property in Hollywood, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura at 954-921-8992.
How to Use Fire Extinguishers in Aventura
When using a fire extinguisher in Aventura, remember PASS; Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep.
Here at SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura, we hope you never experience the devastation that comes with fire damage. However, in the event that disaster strikes, be aware that our IICRC certified technicians are qualified in all aspects of cleaning up the damage left by smoke and fire in your business or residence in Aventura, Florida.
Fire extinguishers may help prevent fire damage or smoke damage, but only if you know how to use them.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura wants to share these tips from FEMA. You can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You have alerted others in the building that there is a fire
- Someone has called the fire department
- You are physically able to use a fire extinguisher
- The fire is small and contained (like a wastebasket)
- You are safe from the fire’s smoke
- You have a clear escape route
How to Use a Fire Extinguisher: SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura suggests you remember PASS:
Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism
Aim at the base of the fire
Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
Sweep the nozzle side to side
Commercial Flood Insurance in Hallandale
Do you have flood insurance for your Hallandale properties?
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Hallandale. Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
- All agencies in Hallandale charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 1-800-427-4661
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating System. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding in your office.
Be Prepared For Disaster In Hollywood Lakes
Fire damage, water damage, storm damage, and mold damage can wreak havoc on your family.
When disaster strikes…
For many, your home in Hollywood Lakes represents a lifetime of hard work and a place where roots are important. It is where family gathers, and where your most endearing and important memories are made. When a disaster strikes; whether it be fire, storm, mold, or other water damage/flooding, it will likely be one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. When these things happen and stress is high call us. Our professionalism and rapid response time, as well as our non-intrusive clean up and exit should do much to ease the burden you are bearing. We really do want to help you carry the load.
…we’ll be there to ease your burden.
Sharing a load to us means our work makes your situation more bearable. Twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week we are on call with equipment that is up-to-date, and people who are professional and efficient. Our goal is to keep you moving forward with as little worry as possible. Please contact us online or at 954-921-8992.
Together, We Restore Your Business Or Home
Always be prepared.
Together we get it done.
Life is full of mishaps and otherwise unwanted stress creators such as storms. Did you know that wind can reach speeds of up to 60 mph in severe cases? This kind of wind in your Golden Beach home or business can cause several different kinds of damage, as well as leave areas of the structure vulnerable to rain and other water crisis such as broken pipes. We can work together to lower chances for incurring injury and/or cost due to storm damage.
Preparedness is a necessary tool in your efforts to protect your property in Golden Beach.
It’s your business or house; so not only do you have a vested interest in lowering risks to your company and family; but that same preparedness creates a more stress free environment.
Be prepared for the worst when times are the best. Don’t wait until the wind is moving at speeds of forty mph outside before you start making calls and buying batteries. Do these things early on when there are no clouds in the sky.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura promises to answer when you call. We promise that the person fielding your call will understand not only the proper responses to your cleanup and restoration questions; but they will understand your vulnerable and stressful position as the owner/insurance adjuster. We will use that understanding to make you as comfortable with what’s happening as possible. We will send the correct people, and the proper equipment to meet whatever needs have been created by the unfortunate event(s).
Prevent Mold Growth In Your Hollywood Business
Many times, mold can be avoided by following these tips.
Preventing Mold Growth.
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura is licensed in mold remediation. We hope you never have a mold problem.
Mold starts growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture.
To prevent mold from getting a start in your office building, SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura suggests:
- Elevate equipment above floor when possible
- Repair leaky pipes
- Remove any damp areas near sinks and tubs
- Maintain humidity below 40%
- Use water-resistant materials when you build or rebuild. Materials include:
- galvanized or stainless-steel hardware
- waterproof wallboard
- sealed stone
- sealed concrete
- water-resistant glues
- synthetic fibers
- Use gutters to divert rain water
- Landscape, so water moves away from the house
- Cover dirt in crawl spaces. Moisture can seep up through dirt
- Ventilate as much as possible
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” of mold as 10 square feet or more. The EPA rules that only licensed professionals can remediate large areas.
You cannot prevent storms or floods. However, if a storm or flood affects you, we can help you clean up the damage.
Tips to Keep Your Golden Beach Employees Safe During a Storm
Safety first! Always be prepared before disaster strikes.
Floods in Golden Beach:
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S. Flooding can happen near major bodies of water, but also inland.
Floods can develop slowly or quickly. Floods that come with no warning are known as flash floods.
- Come from rain, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and storm surges
- Overflows of dams or other water systems
- Can cause power or water outages
- Damage buildings
- Create landslides
- Make roads impassable
- Sweep away people, animals, or cars
If you are in a flood in Golden Beach:
- If you have a warning, get to a safe place
- Don’t drive around barricades
- Don’t walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura likes the warning, “Turn around! Don’t Drown!”
- 6 inches of moving water can knock a person down. 12 inches of moving water can sweep a car away
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water. The water can wash bridges away
- If your car is trapped in quickly-moving water, stay inside. If the water rises inside the vehicle, climb onto the roof
- If you are trapped in a building, go to the highest level. Do NOT climb into a closed attic. Floodwater can trap you. Go to the roof only if there is no other escape
Why You Should Use SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura
Our history answers the question "Why SERVPRO?".
SERVPRO opened in 1967 in Sacramento, California. Ted Isaacson, the owner, sold his first Franchise in 1969. SERVPRO headquarters moved to Gallatin, Tennessee in 1988. Now it has over 1700 Franchises in the United States and Canada.
What does SERVPRO do?
- residential & commercial cleanup of:
- water/ flood damage
- fire damage
- storm damage
- mold remediation
SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura performs these specialties, including:
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
- Commercial Cleaning
SERVPRO works directly with most insurance companies, and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura? Each franchise is an individually owned and operated company. People who work for SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura live in the area. Additionally, it has advanced expertise in water restoration along with specialized equipment in water removal and in advanced drying equipment.
Technicians at SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura have extra training and certification in water restoration. The technicians document every step. You will know exactly what SERVPRO did, and how the process worked.
Use Caution When Flood Waters Rise In Royal Poinciana
Don't underestimate the power of flood water.
Standing Water in Royal Poinciana:
A flood doesn’t end once the storm stops. We still have to deal with all that standing water. The flood water can take up to 11 days to disappear. It’s not time to go fishing.
If you have to evacuate your office, do not go back until you have been told it is safe.
Be careful driving in Royal Poinciana. Remember to “Go around. Don’t Drown!” The water may still be too deep for safe travel.
Floods are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the storm water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Flood waters vs. Animals in Royal Poinciana
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets