Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When a pipe bursts in your home or office, call SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura to help! We specialize in extracting the water and making sure the drying process is quick and thorough. We use advanced drying mechanisms to make sure we get even the hidden moisture effectively. We then use dehumidifiers to dry the structure. After the water is cleaned up and the drying process is over, we will clean the affected area(s) with a high grade cleaning agent to make the area “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of Hollywood/Hallandale/Aventura at 954-921-8992 for your cleanup and restoration needs. We are here to help restore your property back to the preloss condition so you can go back to enjoying life!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (954) 921-8992
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.